The family business started as Cutrona Coal and Ice Company in 1912 by brothers, Frank and Sam Cutrona. Their
first purchase was a team of horses to pull the wagon transporting ice and coal during the winter months. Mayme Cutrona, Frank’s
daughter, began working as the secretary in 1925 and in 1959 Mayme’s son John L. Martino purchased the business.
In 1965, Modern technology and the conversion of furnaces and ice boxes led John to become a fuel oil dealer as well
as adding a trucking division to the mix.
In 1978, John’s son, John Michael, graduated from Grove City College and joined his father
in the business, making it a four-generation family business. John Michael added a construction division
and the company was incorporated as Martino, Inc. d/b/a Cutrona Heating Company, d/b/a Martino Contracting Company.
In 2005, John officially retired and John Michael purchased the company and took over as President.
Heating Company, “The Warmest Guys in Town”, remains a fuel oil dealer whose customers
include residential, commercial and municipal entities.